Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Texas Roadhouse

Yeehaw...Everything is peanutty in Texas.  My first visit to the steakhouse was not what I expected.  When you first walk in it looks like a butcher shop, literally, there is a case with all the different cuts of beef on display and an old time barrel full of peanuts!  You read right, peanuts, and they encourage you to just throw the shells on the floor, honestly I'm surprised I didn't slip and fall on them.  Every table has a little aluminum bucket full of peanuts for you to munch on while you wait for your food.  The prices aren't bad...you can get a 6oz sirloin for between 8-10 dollars along with two sides ( I recommend the baked sweet potato, yum) and they bring out big, soft, fluffy rolls with some kind of whipped butter ( I think there is cinnamon in it).  I had an 8oz Kansas City strip with broccoli and baked sweet potato and added a side of shrimp skewers, and for appetizer I had a baby bloom ( their version of a blooming onion).  While I waited for my dinner, I was treated to a little entertainment, apparently line dancing is a requirement, the music started and every waiter and waitress busted into dance for a good 4-5 minutes (and boy did they looked thrilled...Not), but was fun to watch any way.  The food came out minutes later and looked fabulous, I was a little disappointed in the broccoli, but the sweet potato was delicious, the steak was tender, juicy, and almost perfect, it was a little salty on one side so I flipped it over in the juice and it was better.  The baby bloom was good, just like Outback, but smaller.  There was no wait time ( I went on Sunday about 4pm), prompt and courteous service, good food and entertainment.  All in all it was one of the best steaks I've ever had and highly recommend eating here. So don't just sit there go and GET YOUR GRUB ON!!

P.S. DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR HERE IF YOU HAVE A PEANUT ALLERGY!!!!

4 1/2 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment