Thursday, March 10, 2011

MMMM....Pretzels

Continuing on my "mall themed food", who doesn's like pretzels?  There are two pretzel competitors in South County Mall, Aunt Anne's, and Pretzel Time.  I have eaten at both places and always find myself going back to the same one.  Before I reveal my pick, lets review...first up Pretzel Time.  Similar in looks to its competitor and a very short line, I picked up a pretzel dog and lemonade for close to $5 bucks.  I get my grub and walk on, my first bite of the pretzel dog would be my last, I know no one knows for sure what hot dogs are made of, but this wasn't even made on this planet, I can only describe it as the most disgusting hot dog I've ever eaten (and yes I have had the Circus Circus hot dog in Vegas).  Even the lemonade had a weird after taste.  The pretzel surrounding the dog didn't have much of a flavor, but was a little on the doughy side, so I don't think it was cooked long enough.  So lets move on to Aunt Anne's, more variety, always busy (hot dogs that taste as they should), and great lemonade.  My favorite is the cinnamon sugar, but a plain with a side of cheese is good too.  They always look and taste great, but get there early because there is always a line.  So lets recap Pretzel Time gets the "Nasty" award and the "Best Pretzel in South County Mall" goes to Aunt Anne's Pretzels.  Good work ladies.

5 out of 5 stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment